MarShield is committed to celebrating and supporting women who work in the nuclear industry. This month we would like to promote a webinar hosted by CNSC and the Canadian Radiation Protection Association (CRPA). The webinar will showcase Canadian women’s lives and careers at various stages of working in radiation sciences.
We are also proud supporters of Women in Nuclear Medicine (WINM), an initiative of the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. The WINM committee promotes women physicians and scientists and fosters the development of professional interests.
The WINM committee focuses on the following:
- Addressing problems encountered in the practice of nuclear medicine
- Promoting leadership and career development in women
- Raising awareness of scientific contributions of women in nuclear medicine
- Recognizing the challenges of balancing career and family
- Promoting fair and equitable treatment
- Improving the climate for women in nuclear medicine at all stages of their careers
Each September, we support the AMA Women Physicians Section honoring physicians who have offered their time, wisdom, and support to advance women with careers in medicine. You can learn more about Women in Medicine month here.
MarShield Custom Radiation Shielding Products provides radiation shielding solutions for the medical and nuclear industries and is a division of Mars Metal Company. Contact us today to discuss you unique shielding needs.