MarShield manufactures a comprehensive line of custom designed lead-lined storage containers
MarShield manufactures a comprehensive line of custom designed Lead-Lined Storage Containers designed to your exact requirements. MarShield has worked seamlessly with end users including hospitals, laboratories, medical facilities, and Nuclear plants ensuring that a final design is functional and fits within its surroundings and radiation code requirements. We design and manufacture both standard and custom one-off designs. We employ a fully qualified design team to help with every step of the process, from the moment your order is entered until it arrives at your doorstep.
- Storing and transporting radioactive materials
- Vial pigs for PET or other high energy radionuclides
- Unit dose pigs for radiopharmaceuticals
- Nuclear Densometer storage
See also High Energy Shielded Decay Drums
Features and Benefits:
- Manufactured from A36 or 44W carbon steel.
- Hydralic Assisted Lifting Mechanism Available
- Lead filled or lined only with 99.94% pure Lead – ASTM B-29.
- Composite solutions consisting of Lead and Boron Filled Polyethylene Shielding are available for Gamma / Neutron shielding
- All Lead is fully encapsulated with no exposure.
- All hardware from heavy-duty hinges, to locks are of the highest quality.
- All Storage Containers are ground smooth from sharp corners or edges.
- Extreme care is taken in the surface preparation to all surfaces for the supply and application of a finish coat of paint to the desired colour.
- All Storage Containers are available with your choice in lead shielding from 1/32″ to 2″ thick or more.
- All Storage Containers come equipped with a hinged lockable lid or removable lids.
- Optional stainless steel is available in lieu of carbon steel.
- Our Storage Containers combine effective radiation protection and durability in a rugged, attractive and versatile line.
- Colour or finish
- Type or design
- Hardware, locks, hinges, and handles etc.
- Thickness of lead shielding
- Overall dimensions which will dictate internal dimensions
- Type of construction, carbon or Stainless Steel
- Floor or countertop loading due to weight of Storage Container
- Top surface or wall cut outs for electrical cables or other uses.
- Available room where Storage Containers will be positioned, how will it look and fit with other equipment or furniture.