MarShield manufactures standard and custom-designed radiation shielding modular barriers/walls. These full body shielding units are designed to shield medical personnel from harmful secondary radiation in examination rooms, operating rooms, intensive or cardiac care units, and nuclear medicine suites, as well as industrial applications, including welding, nuclear and non-destructive testing.
Modular Barriers / Wall basics
- Panels extend from floor to 84” or more, high, ensuring effective protection.
- Frame and Bottom Opaque Panel Color: Beige/tan (Powder coats finish/ABS). Optional colors available.
- View Panel is Safety Lead Glass (Laminated glass with interlayer. This Safety Lead Glass is shatter resistant glass that meets requirements of ANSI Z97.1-1984 & 16 CFR 1201 Cat. II)*
- Lead equivalencies ranging from 0.5mm to 3mm.
- Can be fabricated into large continuous window panes, up to 6’ x 8’ or larger.
*Acrylic view windows are available upon request.
- Reduce exposure to harmful radiation while maintaining “open concept” environment through lead safety glass window viewing panels.
- Durable solid lead-lined panels available with 1.6 mm lead equivalency and up to 1/2 inch in pure lead.
- Quick, clean, and easy installation. No demolition needed.
- Built to last. Solid steel frame.
- Customized to suit your individual application, based on architectural specs or a custom concept we help you create. All units can be sized and manufactured to your requirements.
- Professional engineering and custom on-site design services available. We can work with you to design a custom solution in a virtual CAD environment.
- Adaptable. Designed to accommodate future modifications and expansions. Can be removed and/or relocated, if required.
- Total number of barriers
- Overall Height (84″ std)
- Number of Panels (2 or 3)
- Brace arm length
- Which panel attaches to wall
- Which panels are solid top and bottom (ie. No Glass Window)
- Panel 1 Width & Height to Viewing Panel
- Panel 2 Width & Height to Viewing Panel
- Panel 3 Width & Height to Viewing Panel
- Angle between Panel 1-2 (135 std)
- Angle between Panel 2-3 (135 std)
- Finish – colour
Or an even better way is use on online RFQ Design Tool !
Below are some common modular control booth and wall configurations. Every order is custom manufactured. We will work with you to design a solution that will suit your specific needs.
MarShield X-ray shielding modular barriers/walls offer the ultimate in radiation shielding protection with excellent design, competitive pricing and short lead times!
Custom modular barriers are available and detailed CAD drawings will be supplied on receipt of an order.