Marshield designs and manufactures standard and custom-designed radiation shielding modular barriers & walls. These full body shielding units are designed to shield medical personnel from harmful secondary radiation in examination rooms, operating rooms, intensive or cardiac care units, and nuclear medicine suites, as well as industrial applications, including welding, nuclear and non-destructive testing.
These barriers reduce exposure to harmful radiation while maintaining “open concept” environment through lead safety glass window viewing panels.
and have durable solid lead-lined panels available with 1.6 mm lead equivalency and up to 1/2 inch in pure lead. They offer quick, clean, and easy installation
with no demolition needed and are built to last with a solid steel frame. Each unit is customized to suit your individual application, based on architectural specs or a custom concept we help you create
The units are extremely adaptable and designed to accommodate future modifications and expansions.
Features & Benefits
- Panels extend from floor to 84″ or more, high, ensuring effective protection.
- Frame and Bottom Opaque Panel Color: Beige/tan (Powder coats finish/ABS). Optional colors available.
- View Panel is Safety Lead Glass (Laminated glass with interlayer. This Safety Lead Glass is shatter resistant glass that meets requirements of ANSI Z97.1-1984 & 16 CFR 1201 Cat. II)*
- Lead equivalencies ranging from 0.5mm to 3mm.
- Can be fabricated into large continuous window panes, up to 6′ x 8′ or larger.
- Examination Rooms
- Operating Rooms
- Intensive or Cardiac Care Units
- Nuclear Medicine Suites
- Industrial Applications / NDT
See more information on our modular barriers & walls here or feel free to contact our product engineers anytime for a consultation.