MarShield is proud to honour women in medicine alongside the American Medical Association (AMA) and the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) throughout September.
Every year the AMA’s Women Physicians Section honours physicians who offer their time, wisdom, and support to advance women with careers in medicine. The theme for this year is “Women in Medicine: Advancing Equity, Creating Change,” and one that is echoed by MarShield.
Here are 10 ways according to the AMA to get involved in Women in Medicine Month:
- Participate: You can show support by downloading AMA’s Women in Medicine Month Media Kit and using the resources to post on your social media. Use hashtag #WIMMonth to post photos of yourself at work or in the classroom during the month.
- Learn: Throughout the month AMA will host Women in Medicine webinars and COVID-19 videos that will feature women physicians advocating for change, gender equity, and more.
- Watch: You can learn more about the remarkable accomplishments of women physicians by viewing these videos.
- Discover: Read exciting stories about the 2020 Inspirational Award
- Socialize: Follow the AMA all month long on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to see inspiring stories about women in medicine. #WIMMonth
- Network: Join the AMA Women Physicians Section Associates to identify emerging issues and hear updates from various medical societies.
- Advocate: Learn how the AMA can be your powerful ally in patient care by addressing issues that affect women in medicine and women’s health.
- Connect: Organize a Women in Medicine Month outreach event at your hospital or society.
- Join: Gain access to AMA’s benefits and network within medicine by joining
- Celebrate: Learn more about the 2020 Joan F. Giambalvo Fund for the Advancement of Women research grant winners.
For more information on how to get involved in Women in Medicine month, click here.
MarShield Custom Radiation Shielding Products provides radiation shielding solutions for the medical and nuclear industries and is a division of Mars Metal Company. Contact us today to discuss your unique shielding needs.