In the rapidly evolving world of nuclear medicine, ensuring the safety of healthcare professionals is
paramount. Those who work with radiopharmaceuticals require the highest quality shielding protection
to minimize exposure to harmful radiation. MarShield’s nuclear medicine shielding solutions are
designed to protect healthcare workers and technicians from high-energy radionuclides during the
receiving and preparation of unit doses for patients. MarShield is a trusted, full-service provider of
nuclear medicine lab shielding materials, including L-Blocks, lead bricks, and caves, lead-lined cabinets
and waste containers. We also provide custom shielding manufacturing to meet your unique needs.
Learn more about these solutions below and contact us for more information.
MarShield’s L-Blocks & Brick Caves
L-Block shields are crucial in settings where high-energy radionuclides are
handled. They ensure that doses are prepared safely and efficiently, all while
significantly reducing radiation exposure to staff. MarShield offers brick caves
and L-Block shields tailored for the nuclear medicine industry.
- L-Blocks come with options of 1.5” or 2” thick lead shielding in the front and 1” thick lead at the base.
- Customers can choose between an 8” x 4” x 4” or 8” x 8” x 4” lead glass window.
- A unique plate with a hex-shaped recess is mounted on the base, simplifying the one-handed loading and unloading of dose pigs.
- The design incorporates hex-shaped bottoms.
- For those seeking enhanced protection, an Optional Lead Brick Cave can be added, providing lateral shielding around the L-Block’s base perimeter.
- For ease of installation, L-Blocks are shipped in modular form. No component weighs more than 50 pounds.
- MarShield’s 99.9% pure lead brick caves provide dependable lateral shielding in hot labs around the perimeter of the L-Block’s base.
- Our engineered 4-side interlocking bricks, affixed in a staggered pattern, fit tightly and won’t shift.
- A durable, specialized epoxy coating option is available to eliminate lead exposure. Available in 1” or 2” thicknesses.
Lead Lined Storage Cabinets
MarShield offers a comprehensive range of standard and custom-designed lead lined cabinets tailored to meet specific requirements. These cabinets are used in hospitals, laboratories, medical facilities, and radiochemistry laboratories. We work alongside end-users, like doctors, to ensure that our designs are functional and harmonious with their surroundings while meeting radiation code requirements. We offer a variety of customizations, including stainless steel countertops, adjustable shelves and legs, removable drawers for cleaning and decontamination, and heavy-duty locking key latches. Our lead lined cabinets can be coupled with our L-Blocks and brick caves as a singular unit.
Lead Lined Cabinet Features:
- Lead thicknesses of 1/32’’ to 4” or more are available.
- All six sides of the cabinet, including the cupboard door and drawer faces, are lead lined. Lead shielding is fully encased in steel with no exposed lead.
- All shelves or drawers offer a full 100 lb. capacity with drawer or shelf extended or stationary.
- Durable paint finish on all surfaces.
- Custom built to any width, depth, or height to meet your requirements.
- Standard models are also available.
Lead Lined Waste Containers
MarShield specializes in the production of standard and custom-designed lead-lined storage containers and waste containers tailored for the nuclear medicine industry. These containers are meticulously crafted to meet the unique requirements of end users, including hospitals, laboratories, and nuclear facilities. These containers are essential when storing and transporting radioactive materials, with specific applications such as vial pigs for PET and unit dose pigs for radiopharmaceuticals. Manufactured from A36 or 44W carbon steel, these containers can be lead-filled or lined with 99.94% pure lead. They are designed with the utmost care, ensuring all lead is fully encapsulated and the hardware used, from hinges to locks, is of the highest quality. The containers also offer a choice in lead shielding thickness, ranging from 1/32″ to 2″ or more. With a combination of effective radiation protection, customization, durability, and aesthetic appeal, MarShield’s storage containers are a trusted choice in the nuclear medicine sector.
Lead Lined Container Features:
- Manufactured from A36 or 44W carbon steel.
- Hydralic Assisted Lifting Mechanism Available
- Composite solutions consisting of Lead and Boron Filled Polyethylene Shielding are available for Gamma/Neutron shielding.
- All Lead is fully encapsulated with no exposure.
- All hardware, from heavy-duty hinges to locks, are of the highest quality.
- All Storage Containers are ground smooth from sharp corners or edges.
- Extreme care is taken in the surface preparation to all surfaces for the supply and application of a finish coat of paint to the desired colour.
- All Storage Containers are available with your choice in lead shielding from 1/32″ to 2″ thick or more.
- All Storage Containers come equipped with a hinged lockable lid or removable lids.
- Optional stainless steel is available in lieu of carbon steel.
- Our Storage Containers combine effective radiation protection and durability in a rugged, attractive, and versatile line.
Dedicated to Improving Radiation Protection in the Nuclear Medicine Industry
At MarShield, we are dedicated to ensuring the highest level of radiation shielding for healthcare professionals in the nuclear medicine industry. Request a quote for shielding solutions on our website. If you have questions or need custom solutions, don’t hesitate to contact our knowledgeable team. We can provide custom manufacturing to create a shielding solution that meets your requirements. For a comprehensive look at our shielding products for the nuclear medicine industry, explore our Nuclear Medicine Solutions page.