Borotron® high density borated polyethylene, supplied by MarShield, is a lightweight, cost-effective neutron shielding solution to attenuate and absorb neutron radiation.
Our borated polyethylene contains 5% boron content (by weight). We also offer low density polyethylene (LDPE) with no boron content.
Used in the medical, nuclear, and industrial marketplaces borated polyethylene is ideal for medical vaults and doors, particle accelerators, hot cells, nuclear storage and transport containers, and nuclear detection systems.
For easy installation, MarShield’s borated polyethylene comes in a standard sheet size of 48” x 96” x 1” thick. You can easily fabricate this polymer material using standard woodworking tools. Alternatively, we offer CNC machining and welding solutions to create custom sizes and shapes to your specifications.
- Available in 5% boron content (by weight) or low density polyethylene with no boron content
- Standard sheet size of 48” x 96” x 1” thick
- Durable over a wide temperature range
- Easy to install and fabricate
- Consistent density and homogeneity
- Corner assemblies & Tee profiles to provide shielding in between sheets
- Plugs to provide shielding over anchoring screws