Borotron® high density borated polyethylene, supplied by MarShield, is a lightweight, cost-effective neutron shielding solution to attenuate and absorb neutron radiation.
Our borated polyethylene contains 5% boron content (by weight). We also offer low density polyethylene (LDPE) with no boron content.
Used in the medical, nuclear, and industrial marketplaces borated polyethylene is ideal for medical vaults and doors, particle accelerators, hot cells, nuclear storage and transport containers, and nuclear detection systems.
For easy installation, MarShield’s borated polyethylene comes in a standard sheet size of 48” x 96” x 1” thick. You can easily cut this polymer material using standard woodworking tools.
- Available in 5% boron content (by weight) or low density polyethylene with no boron content
- Standard sheet size of 48” x 96” x 1” thick
- Durable over a wide temperature range
- Easy to install and fabricate
- Consistent density and homogeneity