Get Proper Lead Protection from Radiation with MarShield’s Lead Brick Shielding
MarShield provides lead bricks for radiation shielding for construction where temporary, permanent shields or storage areas are required. Lead bricks are a versatile and suitable way to add lead shielding to existing structures or for new constructions as a method to reduce wall or ceiling thickness to achieve space savings. Our high-purity lead bricks are essential for ensuring maximum X-ray shielding and Gamma radiation shielding.
Versatility and Applications of Lead Bricks
- Our bricks are relatively smooth and clean and have a non-porous surface to make them easy to clean and decontaminate.
- Suitable for walls, caves, glove-boxes, hot cells, partitions, and transportation of radioactive materials and nuclear shielding or simply as ballast weight.
- Can be used when sheet lead is impractical or unavailable in required sizes or thicknesses.
- Lead bricks offer a stable and sturdy wall system, preventing toppling over and ensuring an efficient and tighter fit when stacking or building wall systems.
Types of Lead Bricks Available
- Available in a wide range of sizes, thicknesses, and shapes.
- Straight or interlocking styles are available.
- MarShield can provide lead-free shielding bricks using Mars FlexShieldTM technology.
- Interlocking Chevron style bricks provide maximum protection and prevent radiation leakage through gaps.
- Both .pdf and .dwg versions of our CAD drawings for interlocking lead bricks are available here.
- Straight type lead bricks are available for radiation shielding, where interlocking bricks will not suit your application.
- Machined and milled lead bricks in standard and custom sizes can be as radiation shielding materials for industrial and medical uses, as well as for anti-corrosive linings.
Why Use Lead Bricks in Nuclear Shielding Rooms?
- Enhanced Radiation Protection: The use of lead bricks for radiation shielding enhances the protective barriers, ensuring maximum safety from radiation exposure.
- Versatility in Design: Lead bricks offer flexibility in design, allowing for adjustments and modifications in the shielding room as per the radiation intensity and distribution.
- Ease of Installation: Lead bricks can be easily installed, modified, and relocated within the shielding room, providing practical solutions for varying radiation protection needs.
- Optimized Space Utilization: Utilizing lead bricks in the construction of shielding rooms can help in optimizing the space, as they allow for thinner walls while still providing effective radiation protection.
- Cost-Effective Solution: Incorporating lead bricks in shielding rooms can be a cost-effective solution, especially when dealing with high-intensity radiation, as it reduces the need for thicker lead-lined walls.
3D Lead Brick Nuclear Shielding Room Modeling Service
At MarShield, we offer a streamlined 3D Room Modeling service to optimize your lead shielding projects. By inputting your room’s dimensions, our experts efficiently design a lead brick configuration, minimizing material waste and cutting costs. You’ll receive detailed drawings, a 3D model, a bill of materials, and specific placement recommendations for various brick types, all aimed at simplifying your construction process. Plus, we provide this service at no extra cost, as the expenses are offset against your purchase of the required lead bricks.
Request a Quote for A Lead Lined Room
Visit our lead bricks page for more information and fill out the form to reach out to a representative. You can also request a quote for a nuclear shielding 3D room model and drawings using the button below. Our team will be in touch with additional details. If you need help to understand which radiation protection products would be best for your required application and assistance with your order, reach out.
Additional MarShield Nuclear Radiation Blocking Materials & Solutions
A variety of other radiation shielding products are available, including nuclear lead pours and castings, borated polyethylene neutron shielding, tungsten radiation shielding, and more. Explore some of MarShield’s other radiation protection materials and solutions below: