Industrial x-ray and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) play a crucial role in our everyday lives by ensuring safety and reliability of everything from aircraft parts, to bridges and power stations.
However, this also puts equipment operators and sensitive components at risk of being exposed to harmful radiation. MarShield designs and manufactures custom modular radiation shielding rooms, protecting all stakeholders by maintaining a safe work-place environment.
Key Features in Design and Construction
Our modular shielded rooms meet all mandated ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) goals. They can be custom designed to meet your required needs. The panels can be extended from the floor to 84”, 96”, or higher, ensuring effective protection. Clients can choose their lead shielding thickness, up to 0.125” lead. Our solid panels come lead lined and faced with beige ABS.
Additional NDT Room Features
- The units are fitted with sliding doors with additional hardware pre-installed.
- Windows can be installed in door or wall panels where necessary.
- Shatter-resistant lead safety glass (meeting requirements of ANSI Z97.1-1984 & 16 CFR 1201 Cat. II) can be added to the structure.
- Shielded electrical ports can be added as per your specifications.
Benefits of Radiation Shielded Rooms
MarShield’s creates a fully customized radiation room as per the client architectural specifications. We work with you to design a custom solution in a virtual CAD environment. Our rooms are completely adaptable to accommodate future modifications.
Additional Room Benefits Include:
- Panel walls come prefabricated for easy installation.
- No demolition of original construction is required for room installation.
- Attractive natural décor with clean construction lines.
- Professional engineering services available.
Additional Products Available:
- Lead Curtains
Our lead curtains are tailored to meet client specifications. They offer an economical solution, providing protection in areas where low-level radiation is present, and a permanent wall is not practical. The curtains are available in a variety of lead equivalencies, colours, sizes, and configurations.
- Non-Lead Alternatives
We also offer non-lead alternative shielding solutions in the form of T-Flex shielding which uses Tungsten, Bismuth and Iron-based material, and Nanotek technology which is non-toxic and eco-friendly.
Ready to Order?
If you’re ready to order a modular room, contact us.
- Width, length and height of room.
- Width and location of sliding door.
- Lead shielding thickness specifications
- Window location and size
- Number of electrical ports required
To learn more, download MarShield’s x-ray information sheet today!
MarShield works closely with our clients to customize all the products mentioned above to meet size, shielding and other special design considerations. You can find more information from the MarShield website or you can contact MarShield directly, and we will help you find the most appropriate radiation shielding solution for your organization.
MarShield Custom Radiation Shielding Products provides radiation shielding solutions for the Medical and Nuclear Industries and is a division of Mars Metal Company. Contact us today to discuss your unique radiation shielding needs!
You might also like: