MarShield is North America’s premier lead caster, manufacturer, and global supplier of gamma and neutron radiation shielding products and materials to a variety of industries. We offer design, consultation, and turn-key solutions for radiation shielding challenges.
MarShield manufactures the highest quality Standard or Custom Designed Lead Lined Cabinets suitable for Nuclear Medicine or Radiochemistry laboratories. We work with industry professionals and end-users to ensure all our designs are functional, effective, and up to radiation code requirements.
Lead Lined Cabinet Information & Design Considerations
If you’re looking to order MarShield Lead Lined Cabinets or get a quote, make sure to review the Cabinet Quotation Information and Considerations. We’ve outlined this information below to help you determine which design options and other considerations you should think about before placing an order. You can also download our Custom Lead Cabinet Information Sheet for additional information.
MarShield Lead Lined Cabinets Quotation Information Requirements
To provide a firm quotation, we require the following information:
- The model number of the cabinet if standard or if it is a custom, non-standard model, then preferably a small hand sketch showing the type or design with detail and the dimensions shown.
- Amount of lead shielding in the cabinet. *
- Options required such as stainless-steel top, backsplash, drip edge, drop through port holes, lockable doors, special colours, or paint finishes, adjustable or fixed shelves, and drawers.
- Shipping address with city, state/province, and zip/postal code.
- Door swing or hinge location, if applicable.
- Door or drawer latch location, if applicable.
- Required delivery time.
- State whether this request is budgetary or a firm price with an anticipated order date.
* We cannot determine the amount of lead shielding for you. If you are unsure, it is best to consult with a physicist.
Note: We do not provide shielding internally between shelves, drawers, or cupboards in the cabinet. All shielding is proved on the perimeter of the cabinet. This includes all sides, top, bottom, door, or drawer faces.
Additional Cabinet Options to Consider:
- Tops can be ordered 6″ deeper than cabinets to accommodate pipes and services.
- Card slots for labels
- Built-in seismic anchor brackets
- Alternative paint colours or a durable powder coat oven-baked paint finish
- When ordering multiple units for grouped configuration, a unified countertop may be ordered to provide a continuous work surface.
- Shielded cable port holes or shielded vent holes
- Fume hoods
- L-Block shields, lead brick caves, or enclosures
- Tabletop shields
- Dose calibrator shields
- Sharps containers
- Waste containers
- Decay drums for low or high energy
- Lead pig vial containers
- Custom cabinets: wider, deeper, higher, longer with lead thickness up to 4” thick
- Cabinet stands to raise small cabinets from the floor to a workable height
- Floor dollies for transporting your small cabinet
Ordering MarShield Lead Lined Cabinets
If you’d like to place an order or get a quote on a Custom or Standard Lead Lined Cabinet, please contact us. For more information about our Lead Lined Cabinets or Custom Lead lined furniture, visit our website. You can also explore our Standard Lead Cabinets Gallery to view our various standard designs.