SAF-T-LITE : Radiation Protector Glass
MarShield’s Saf-T-Lite Radiation Protector glass comprises LX-57B lead glass, an interlayer, and float glass in a laminated sandwich to create a durable, impact and shatter-resistant alternative to lead acrylic/plastic. This lead safety glass is commonly used in our mobile radiation shields and modular radiation barriers.
Features and Benefits:
- Saf-T-Lite lead safety glass is available only in 11mm thickness (1.6mm lead equivalency)
- Provides excellent light transmission of 87.8%
- Weight: 8 lbs. per sq. ft.
Largest Inventory in North America
Stock sizes from 12″ x 12″ up to 48” x 96”.
Industry’s Fastest Lead Times
Ships in 1-3 Business days on stocked items.
Saf-T-Lite Radiation Protector Glass meets the impact-resistant requirements of ANSI Z97.1-1984 & 16 CFR 1201 Cat.ll.
- Minimum density: 4.36 (g/cm³)
- Refractive index (Nd): 1.71
- Thermal expansion coefficient: 80 X 10-7 /°C (30- 380°)
- Knoop hardness: 370
- Top Layer: 3mm float glass.
- Middle Layer: Safety laminate
- Bottom Layer: LX-57B is a lead barium type glass of high optical grade with over 60 percent heavy metal oxide, including at least 55 percent PbO. It offers high light transmission and does not discolor due to radiation.
Thickness and Lead Equivalent
|Lead Equivalent (in)||*1/16″|
|Lead Equivalent (mmPb)||1.6|
|X-Ray Tube Peak (kV)||150|
*Lead equivalent is guaranteed in (mmPb). The converted fraction (in.) is less than the lead equivalent (mm Pb); fraction is approximate.
Uses and Applications
- Window of a portable X-Ray barrier/shield
- Inspection window inside a lead-lined door
- Any application where lead lined safety glass is specified/required