MarShield now offers an excellent alternative to lead wool shielding blankets with our T-flex product. T-Flex shielding blankets are fabricated from a proprietary blend of bismuth and iron powders optimized to provide equivalent attenuation to either a 10 lb/ft or 15 lb/ft lead wool products at approximately 50% of the weight. T-Flex lead replacement sheets are designed to provide a flexible and durable industrial grade product that will provide 20 years of service.
Features & Benefits
- Highly resistant to exposure to Boric Acid and Sodium Hydroxide
- Excellent chemical resistance at elevated temperatures.
- 50% lighter and smaller for equivalent attenuation to lead wool blankets
- Highly resistant to physical abuse including puncture
- Material can be to size for unique applications
- Compatible with galvanized, carbon steel and stainless steel
- Does not settle or break and can be cleaned with wet wipes
- -50 to 250° C operating temperature
- Minimum combustible or exempt estimated heat content – 1364 Btu/lb
- Available with or without grommets
- Scaffold Shielding
- Platform Shielding
- Stackable Dose Reduction
- Large Area Hot Spots
- Temporary Work Stations
We recently submitted our T-Flex Lead Blankets to a US Navy laboratory for independent testing of exposure to various levels of Caesium-137.