MarShield’s Leaded Acrylic / Plastic is the shatter-resistant, versatile answer to all of your x-ray shielding needs! Our Lead acrylic is not lead glass. It’s a unique, versatile, transparent plastic that contains 30% lead by weight. It combines superb light transmission with effective radiation protection. It is available in six different lead equivalencies and thicknesses (see chart below). The lead equivalency and thickness are directly related; the higher the L.E. the thicker the piece of leaded Acrylic.
|MARSHIELD LEAD ACRYLIC AVAILABLE THICKNESSES|
|8 mm||0.3 mm||2.7 lbs sq ft|
|12 mm||0.5 mm||3.9 lbs sq ft|
|18 mm||0.8 mm||5.9 lbs sq ft|
|22 mm||1.0 mm||7.2 lbs sq ft|
|35 mm||1.5 mm||11.5 lbs sq ft|
|46 mm||2.0 mm||15.0 lbs sq ft|
|70 mm||3.0 mm||22.3 lbs sq ft|
- Mobile Barriers – Viewing windows for portable or stationary barriers.
- Modular Control Booths – Viewing windows for X-Ray Control Booths.
- Windowpanes – Door glazing, Viewing windows in leaded wall systems and as lenses for safety goggles or other types of machines.
- Available in six different lead equivalencies and thicknesses.
- Made from an acrylic polymer resin into which lead is chemically introduced as an organ-lead salt compound.
- Can be cut, drilled or machined using standard plastic-handling techniques.
- Provides complete radiation protection with unmatched design flexibility.
- Ideal for any radiation shielding application.
- Create “open feel” environment for personnel/patients while still providing reduced exposure to harmful radiation
- High light transmission helps create a happier and healthier work environment
- Rugged, durable and shatter-resistant alternative to lead glass
ASTM B29 Specification
The Versatility of Sheet Lead and Its Uses
MarShield Lead Acrylic X-Ray Shielding Availability
Note: Window panes larger than 72”x96” and custom-cut sizes are available upon request and subject to additional fees. Panes with 3.0 mm lead equivalency are also available upon request. Sizes not shown are subject to a 14-16 week delivery.
*Model MS-24-30-12 actual cut size is 24”x29.9375”
**Model MS-24-36-18 actual cut sixe is 24”x35.9375”
Lead Acrylic Information Sheet
Lead Acrylic Cutting, Handling, and Storage Information Sheet
Lead Acrylic Specifications Information Sheet